Cleaning and care of powder-coated surfaces should be carried out in accordance with our cleaning recommendations, which we have compiled in our ENV 801 data sheet:
- For flat and fine-textured surfaces, special cleaning MUST be carried out in accordance with GRM Leaflet 07 "Cleaning of flat and textured coated metal surfaces" in the latest version.
- pure water, also with small additions of neutral or very slightly alkaline detergents
- do not use acidic or strongly alkaline cleaning and wetting agents
- do not use abrasive, scratching cleaning agents (use only soft cloths or industrial absorbent cotton for cleaning, do not rub vigorously)
- maximum exposure time of these cleaning agents must not exceed one hour; after at least 24 hours - if necessary - the cleaning process can be repeated
- do not use organic solvents containing esters, ketones, alcohols, aromatics, glycol ethers or halogenated hydrocarbons or such like
- Removal of greasy, oily or sooty substances can be done with aromatic-free benzine hydrocarbons (preliminary tests on non-visible surfaces are a MUST. Residues of adhesives, silicone rubber, or adhesive tapes, etc. can also be removed this way. Immediate removal is important).
- immediately after each cleaning process, rinse with clean, cold water