We support interested parties and customers from the handicraft, metal and facade construction sectors in the implementation of their orders; gladly already starting with the planning of the project. Our services include among others:
- Technical advice on powder coating:
- corrosion-proof / powder-coating-compatible construction
- corrosion protection by powder coating
- powder coatings and their possible applications
- effect powder coatings
- coating processes
- ENV Anti-Graffiti
- repair options
- cleaning recommendations
- Support in the selection of suitable coating processes and powder coatings
- Color consultation and provision of color sample metal sheets
- Creation of sample coatings (e.g. production and release samples)
WHAT THE POWDER COATING MUST DO FOR YOUR COMPONENTS?
Visually appealing, durable surfaces with functional properties such as mechanical resistance, corrosion protection or anti-graffiti?
Same color appearance of different surfaces of aluminum, steel and galvanized steel?
Special surface and color effects such as anodized, brass or chrome effects, concrete, rolled steel or rust effects?
Reliable powder coating for small and large parts as single or serial production up to 13,6m x 2,5m x 4m; up to 17,5m x 1,0m x 2m up to 3.000kg?
We will gladly provide you with a quotation and look forward to receiving your inquiry on this matter.
We would be very happy to answer any general questions you may have on the subject of powder coating. Or do you need specific information regarding your project?
Then please contact us: we are looking forward to finding a really good solution together with you.
TECHNICAL DATA SHEETS
We have compiled detailed descriptions of the coating processes we use for you in our technical data sheets. Interested? Then feel free to send us a message
For acceptance of powder-coated surfaces on aluminum, steel and galvanized steel, the following evaluation criteria should be used:
- visual inspection of the decorative appearance of the surface and the uniformity of color and structure is done without tools
- Assessment distance = 3m for indoor components
- Assessment distance = 5m for outdoor components
- Surface irregularities, such as grind marks, weld seams, unevenness due to semi-finished products (dents), pull marks, imprints, etc. are permitted or conditionally permitted, unless fine grinding has been agreed upon
- Color deviations and gloss level differences are conditionally permitted for surfaces of high and usual demand, if they are not noticeable
- Orange peel is conditionally permitted on surfaces with high requirements (if finely textured or also coarsely textured, if layer thickness > 120µm according to design or application-related specifications), permitted on surfaces with normal + low requirements.
- Inclusions, craters and bubbles are conditionally permitted if they do not exceed the number defined in VFF data sheet St.02 or Al.02.
Cf. evaluation criteria of the Association of Window and Facade Manufacturers e.V., VFF data sheet St.02 (August 2016) and VFF data sheet Al.02 (August 2016).
Cleaning and care of powder-coated surfaces should be carried out in accordance with our cleaning recommendations, which we have compiled in our ENV 801 data sheet:
- For flat and fine-textured surfaces, special cleaning MUST be carried out in accordance with GRM Leaflet 07 "Cleaning of flat and textured coated metal surfaces" in the latest version.
- pure water, also with small additions of neutral or very slightly alkaline detergents
- do not use acidic or strongly alkaline cleaning and wetting agents
- do not use abrasive, scratching cleaning agents (use only soft cloths or industrial absorbent cotton for cleaning, do not rub vigorously)
- maximum exposure time of these cleaning agents must not exceed one hour; after at least 24 hours - if necessary - the cleaning process can be repeated
- do not use organic solvents containing esters, ketones, alcohols, aromatics, glycol ethers or halogenated hydrocarbons or such like
- Removal of greasy, oily or sooty substances can be done with aromatic-free benzine hydrocarbons (preliminary tests on non-visible surfaces are a MUST. Residues of adhesives, silicone rubber, or adhesive tapes, etc. can also be removed this way. Immediate removal is important).
- immediately after each cleaning process, rinse with clean, cold water
What do architects and metal and facade constructors have in common?
They all ask the same questions: what colors and effects can be achieved with powder coatings? Can I coat different materials with the same powder coating? How is corrosion protection possible? How durable are powder coatings? What does a powder coating cost? ...
We answer all these and many other questions in detailed consultations and provide recommendations for coating processes and powder coatings.
What makes facades so special compared to other metal construction projects?
For facades, for example, in addition to their visually appealing appearance, their durability is particularly important. It is therefore worth opting for the use of special powder coatings with highly weather-resistant properties and, in addition, subjecting the facade to regular cleaning.
... This contributes to cost savings in relation to the service life of the object.
Are there any highlights, meaning "special" projects?
Well, each of our customers' projects is "special" in its own way. But a highlight would be, for example, the Bauhaus Museum in Dessau: for this object we used SmartCorr-P, a self-repairing corrosion protection powder coating developed by us.
But the KPM Hotel can also be classified as "special": in this building project, the effect powder coating "ENVnatuRAL Design rolled steel", also developed by ENVIRAL®, was used, which perfectly imitates rolled steel.