Technical advice on powder coating:
- corrosion-proof / powder-coating-compatible construction
- corrosion protection by powder coating
- powder coatings and their possible applications
- functional powder coatings (e.g. antimicrobial, anti-corrosion, anti-graffiti, etc.)
- coating processes
- repair options
- powder coating for hydraulic steel construction (intelligent SmartCorr® corrosion protection + antifouling protection)
- masking work for areas without powder coating
- anti-drumming coating, anti-slip coating
- machine tube grinding
- factory assembly, adhesive foil application, warehousing service
- packing according to customer's specifications, on request in provided packing material and / or provided transport containers
Robust surfaces with functional properties such as "antimicrobial", corrosion protection or "anti-graffiti"?
Special additional finishes such as "anti-drumming" or "anti-slip" coating?
Reliable powder coating for series of small parts or single large parts up to 13.6m x 2.5m x 4m; up to 17.5m x 1m x 2m up to 3,000kg?
We have compiled detailed descriptions of the coating processes we use for you in our technical data sheets. Interested? Then feel free to send us a message
For acceptance of powder-coated surfaces on aluminum, steel and galvanized steel, the following evaluation criteria should be used:
- visual inspection of the decorative appearance of the surface and the uniformity of color and structure is done without tools
- Assessment distance = 3m for indoor components
- Assessment distance = 5m for outdoor components
- Surface irregularities, such as grind marks, weld seams, unevenness due to semi-finished products (dents), pull marks, imprints, etc. are permitted or conditionally permitted, unless fine grinding has been agreed upon
- Color deviations and gloss level differences are conditionally permitted for surfaces of high and usual demand, if they are not noticeable
- Orange peel is conditionally permitted on surfaces with high requirements (if finely textured or also coarsely textured, if layer thickness > 120µm according to design or application-related specifications), permitted on surfaces with normal + low requirements.
- Inclusions, craters and bubbles are conditionally permitted if they do not exceed the number defined in VFF data sheet St.02 or Al.02.
Cf. evaluation criteria of the Association of Window and Facade Manufacturers e.V., VFF data sheet St.02 (August 2016) and VFF data sheet Al.02 (August 2016).
Cleaning and care of powder-coated surfaces should be carried out in accordance with our cleaning recommendations, which we have compiled in our ENV 801 data sheet:
- For flat and fine-textured surfaces, special cleaning MUST be carried out in accordance with GRM Leaflet 07 "Cleaning of flat and textured coated metal surfaces" in the latest version.
- pure water, also with small additions of neutral or very slightly alkaline detergents
- do not use acidic or strongly alkaline cleaning and wetting agents
- do not use abrasive, scratching cleaning agents (use only soft cloths or industrial absorbent cotton for cleaning, do not rub vigorously)
- maximum exposure time of these cleaning agents must not exceed one hour; after at least 24 hours - if necessary - the cleaning process can be repeated
- do not use organic solvents containing esters, ketones, alcohols, aromatics, glycol ethers or halogenated hydrocarbons or such like
- Removal of greasy, oily or sooty substances can be done with aromatic-free benzine hydrocarbons (preliminary tests on non-visible surfaces are a MUST. Residues of adhesives, silicone rubber, or adhesive tapes, etc. can also be removed this way. Immediate removal is important).
- immediately after each cleaning process, rinse with clean, cold water
Our industrial coating is intended for those projects for which a high-quality ENVIRAL® powder coating, such as is used in building construction and facade engineering, is not required. The condition is that the components made of aluminum, steel or galvanized steel do not exceed dimensions of l = 6,500 x w = 800 x h = 1,800 mm and a weight of 250kg for Germany. Please consider different dimensions for Austria: l = 7.000 x w = 1.000 x h = 2.000 mm and a weight of 2.000kg.
In addition, they must be free of corrosion and any adhesions or separating layers (such as zinc spray, water-soluble salts, etc.) upon delivery.
In addition to powder coatings specially designed for coating interior components, we also offer our industrial customers special functional powder coatings. For example, we process powder coating products with antimicrobial properties or those from which graffiti can be easily cleaned off. Not to be forgotten are the coatings with our "SmartCorr-P", a corrosion protection powder coating developed by ENVIRAL® itself.
Sometimes it is necessary that certain component areas remain free of powder coating. We then cover or tape these areas before coating in accordance with our customers' specifications. We also apply additional special coatings, e.g. with anti-slip properties, in the areas defined by the customer. If components are to be pre-assembled or completed, we can also take care of this for the customer.
With our tube grinding machine we can process round tubes made of steel, galvanized steel and stainless steel - no matter if conical, cylindrical or cylindrically stepped - up to 250mm diameter and 15m length.
Unusual, meaning not an everyday occurrence, would be, for example, the bicycle frames together with accessories or the handles and grab rails for streetcars and regional trains: Here, we meet the particularly high quality demands of our customers, which they place on the quality of the component surfaces. For these parts, we also implement special customer specifications with regard to packaging and in some cases use packaging materials and transport containers provided by the customer.