Did you know ... that we present a trend color every month and are you interested in receiving a free color metal sheet sample? Or would you like to receive tangible information about the unique ENVnatuRAL design effects?
We will gladly assist you in the planning and preparation of your construction projects and offer you the following services in this context:
- Technical advice on powder coating
- Corrosion-protection-compliant/powder-coating-compliant construction
- Corrosion protection by powder coating
- Powder coatings and their range of applications
- Effect powder coatings
- Coating methods
- Repair options
- Assistance in the development of a color concept, color consultation
- Provision of color sample metal sheets
- Creation of sample coatings (e.g. production and release samples)
For the creation of tender documents for the powder coating of aluminum, steel and galvanized steel, we provide you with the following tender texts. You can download the files in PDF format directly to your PC and enter the necessary information.
We have compiled detailed descriptions of the coating processes we use for you in our technical data sheets. You can request the data sheet of your choice from us.
For acceptance of powder-coated surfaces on aluminum, steel and galvanized steel, the following evaluation criteria should be used:
- visual inspection of the decorative appearance of the surface and the uniformity of color and structure is done without tools
- Assessment distance = 3m for indoor components
- Assessment distance = 5m for outdoor components
- Surface irregularities, such as grind marks, weld seams, unevenness due to semi-finished products (dents), pull marks, imprints, etc. are permitted or conditionally permitted, unless fine grinding has been agreed upon
- Color deviations and gloss level differences are conditionally permitted for surfaces of high and usual demand, if they are not noticeable
- Orange peel is conditionally permitted on surfaces with high requirements (if finely textured or also coarsely textured, if layer thickness > 120µm according to design or application-related specifications), permitted on surfaces with normal + low requirements.
- Inclusions, craters and bubbles are conditionally permitted if they do not exceed the number defined in VFF data sheet St.02 or Al.02.
Cf. evaluation criteria of the Association of Window and Facade Manufacturers e.V., VFF data sheet St.02 (April 1997) and VFF data sheet Al.02 (October 1997).
Cleaning and care of powder-coated surfaces should be carried out in accordance with our cleaning recommendations, which we have compiled in our ENV 801 data sheet:
- For flat and fine-textured surfaces, special cleaning MUST be carried out in accordance with GRM Leaflet 07 "Cleaning of flat and textured coated metal surfaces" in the latest version.
- pure water, also with small additions of neutral or very slightly alkaline detergents
- do not use acidic or strongly alkaline cleaning and wetting agents
- do not use abrasive, scratching cleaning agents (use only soft cloths or industrial absorbent cotton for cleaning, do not rub vigorously)
- maximum exposure time of these cleaning agents must not exceed one hour; after at least 24 hours - if necessary - the cleaning process can be repeated
- do not use organic solvents containing esters, ketones, alcohols, aromatics, glycol ethers or halogenated hydrocarbons or such like
- Removal of greasy, oily or sooty substances can be done with aromatic-free benzine hydrocarbons (preliminary tests on non-visible surfaces are a MUST. Residues of adhesives, silicone rubber, or adhesive tapes, etc. can also be removed this way. Immediate removal is important).
- immediately after each cleaning process, rinse with clean, cold water
Do you still have questions about this or in addition? We are happy to be able to help you.