ENVIRAL® is happy to assist you in the planning and preparation of your construction or art and design projects and offers in this context the following services:
- Technical advice on powder coating for your project:
- Corrosion-protection-compliant/powder-coating-compliant construction
- Corrosion protection by powder coating (e.g. SmartCorr)
- Powder coatings and their range of applications
- Effect powder coatings
- Coating processes
- Repair options
- Cleaning recommendations
- Provision of color sample metal sheets; also in custom format
- Creation of sample coatings (e.g. production and release samples, large format metal sheets ...)
- If needed assistance in the development of a color concept, color consultation
Durable surfaces with sophisticated effects ... in other words, visually appealing with the desired "fit" to the surroundings?
Same color appearance of different surfaces of aluminum, steel and galvanized steel?
Reliable powder coating of large and small parts as single parts or serial production as well as pressure and centrifugal blasting up to 13,6m x 2,5m x 4m; up to 17,5m x 1m x 2m up to 3.000kg?
We would like to get to know you and your requirements better and are looking forward to your short message!
For the creation of tender documents for the powder coating of aluminum, steel and galvanized steel, we provide you with the following tender texts. You can download the files in PDF format directly to your PC and enter the necessary information.
We have compiled detailed descriptions of the coating processes we use for you in our technical data sheets. Interested? Then feel free to send us a message
For acceptance of powder-coated surfaces on aluminum, steel and galvanized steel, the following evaluation criteria should be used:
- visual inspection of the decorative appearance of the surface and the uniformity of color and structure is done without tools
- Assessment distance = 3m for indoor components
- Assessment distance = 5m for outdoor components
- Surface irregularities, such as grind marks, weld seams, unevenness due to semi-finished products (dents), pull marks, imprints, etc. are permitted or conditionally permitted, unless fine grinding has been agreed upon
- Color deviations and gloss level differences are conditionally permitted for surfaces of high and usual demand, if they are not noticeable
- Orange peel is conditionally permitted on surfaces with high requirements (if finely textured or also coarsely textured, if layer thickness > 120µm according to design or application-related specifications), permitted on surfaces with normal + low requirements.
- Inclusions, craters and bubbles are conditionally permitted if they do not exceed the number defined in VFF data sheet St.02 or Al.02.
Cf. evaluation criteria of the Association of Window and Facade Manufacturers e.V., VFF data sheet St.02 (August 2016) and VFF data sheet Al.02 (August 2016).
Cleaning and care of powder-coated surfaces should be carried out in accordance with our cleaning recommendations, which we have compiled in our ENV 801 data sheet:
- For flat and fine-textured surfaces, special cleaning MUST be carried out in accordance with GRM Leaflet 07 "Cleaning of flat and textured coated metal surfaces" in the latest version.
- pure water, also with small additions of neutral or very slightly alkaline detergents
- do not use acidic or strongly alkaline cleaning and wetting agents
- do not use abrasive, scratching cleaning agents (use only soft cloths or industrial absorbent cotton for cleaning, do not rub vigorously)
- maximum exposure time of these cleaning agents must not exceed one hour; after at least 24 hours - if necessary - the cleaning process can be repeated
- do not use organic solvents containing esters, ketones, alcohols, aromatics, glycol ethers or halogenated hydrocarbons or such like
- Removal of greasy, oily or sooty substances can be done with aromatic-free benzine hydrocarbons (preliminary tests on non-visible surfaces are a MUST. Residues of adhesives, silicone rubber, or adhesive tapes, etc. can also be removed this way. Immediate removal is important).
- immediately after each cleaning process, rinse with clean, cold water
The popularity of rust effects continues undiminished among constructors, whereby the trendy, visually appealing surfaces should come along without "negative effects" such as rust noses. Our "SmoothPatina" effect meets these requirements without compromise: the effect is characterized by a relatively regular rust design that nevertheless exhibits a vibrancy that comes extremely close to a naturally aged steel surface. "SmoothPatina" is one of a total of five CorTen color systems that we offer for the powder coating of any metallic substrate.
No matter if you prefer an extremely irregular finish like our ENVnatuRAL CorTen steel RUN, a more homogeneous look like "SmoothPatina" or one of our other design variations: due to the handcrafted processing method, the surface finish is in no way inferior to the appearance of original Corten surfaces.
An important argument for architects is that there is no need to compromise on usability: even though the feel suggests real rust on first inspection, there is no need to worry about washouts or the like on building surfaces. Profiles, facade sheet metal, any parts in the exterior as well as in the interior can be enhanced visually with our CorTen steel color systems.
When it comes to the color scheme, we like to follow the architectural requirements: whether it's a deeper brown, a fresher orange, or a multi-color scheme.
Our task is to understand what ideas and objectives the architect, artist or designer has for the project in question. We offer them professional advice that goes into detail about corrosion protection and recommendations to ensure that the components are constructed in a way that is suitable for powder coating.
Of course, we also support the architects, artists and designers in the selection of colors and create color samples on the material that is to be used on the object: this allows the particular effects and color shades to be viewed and compared on exactly the right substrate.
As the final component, we then provide the architect with the appropriate tender texts.
Most architects, artists and designers have very precise ideas and high demands in terms of the look and feel of the coating. The trend here is toward flat and ultra-flat surfaces that look best as if they were untreated, but still well protected. In this field particularly, we can offer a wide range of surface effects - and that for interior and exterior applications.